To all the graduating Psychology and BNS students, congratulations on your final year! It’s never too early to get your grad photos from Evangelos!
Book an appointment now (make sure to buy your PSA membership to get your grad photos discount!)
The preliminary deadline for all our PSYC Arts/Science graduating students (both November 2022 and May 2023 grads) is Present time – January 20th 2023.
For your photograph to be included in our Graduation composite, you must have your composite photo taken with Evangelos.
There will be a $45 refundable deposit by cash only so that it guarantees online access, but the photoshoot session is entirely free.
Bookings should be done 3-4 weeks in advance, do NOT wait until the last minute or you will miss out on being in the composite.
PSA members will also get a 15% discount on their purchases. Please notify Evangelos of your membership status at your appointment.
PSA membership perks with Evangelos Photography
- 15% off photos: 15% off your entire purchase if you wish to purchase additional photos. Bring your membership card and present it at the time of your purchase for this exclusive deal.
- $30 for mini graduation composite: Purchase a 40cm x 30cm composite of your graduating class for just $30 (original price: $50). Contact Jimmy for more information.
Want these awesome perks? Buy your membership for just $10. You can learn more about how to buy a membership HERE!
You can find the above information slip HERE!
Instructions for students who are out of town
If you are going to take the photograph yourself:
- High-resolution headshot (Passport Style / Head & Shoulder Photograph) against a white/light coloured wall.
- Taken during the day, daylight is required. Do not use the flash on your phone as this causes shadows. Ring lights are effective.
- Please no sweaters, turtle-necks, vests, suit jackets or cardigans for the photograph.
- Another person must take the photo for you, ‘selfies’ are not accepted due to quality.
If you are going to a professional portraiture studio:
- Black gown only, light grey background, straight forward head and shoulder shot. Long hair needs to be pushed back.
- NO cap, no sash/regalia, no flowers, no other props
- If gown is unavailable, a passport-style headshot will work. No sweaters, vests, suit jackets or cardigans, please.
Must be a digital format image only. Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High-Resolution JPEG Image – 300 DPI
- This can be accomplished by an iPhone or Android with high megapixels. Portrait mode on an iPhone also works. It is not mandatory to go to a professional if you do not want to.
Art-working fee applies ($55 CAD) as we digitally add the necessary sash, gown and correct custom background to match your fellow graduates. This payment is for art-working only and the photograph is to be used for the composite only, if interested in purchasing please contact us. Unfortunately, you will not be receiving a complimentary copy.
- Please also include in your email (your legal last and first name as you have provided at UBC), your faculty & department/program
- You will be receiving a confirmation email that the photograph is approved or you may need to send in another. In case you do not hear back, please contact us again. If you do not receive an email confirmation, you will NOT be on the composite. No exceptions.